Wednesday, June 29, 2011

am I a FROG?

Am I a FROG?
Today I ponder the metaphor of the frog in the boiling pot…you know the one. If you put a frog in a pot of cold water and put it on the stove, slowly heating the water. The frog gets use to the temperature gradually and never really notices how hot it is actually getting, until it’s too late...i.e.: cooks himself. Terrible story I know. I don’t like animal cruelty stories, but I don’t know of another one that gets my point across as much as this one does. So what I ponder is this:
What is your boiling point? Do you even know how much pain you are in? When was the last time to stopped, looked around, and noticed how uncomfortable things have become? What will it take to JUMP? Or will we ever?
Well…I like frogs, but I don’t want to be one, especially a cooked one. SO I’m jumping! There is something in my life that I have become “used to”. Recently I looked around and recognized that the pain was greater than I realized. Being Authentic in my life is HUGE for me. It is part of what drives me in all areas of my life….but one. It’s that one area that until recently served me well (TRUTH = I was good in warm water)…and now I’m quite aware that It’s become too hot…unbearable really. And I’ve got to jump...
So what about you? What area of life area you sitting in a pot of warm water? And what are you willing to do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment