Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm Dying

As I lay awake...I keep thinking...I'm dying.

We all are.

From the day we are born, we are all moving towards death.

Now, I recognize how morbid that perspective may sound, but I'd like to focus on TRUTH... the capital T kind. Not my truth or your truth...but Truth!

And the Truth is: My death, as yours, is only a matter of when, not if.

Yet how many people do you know, act as if we have all the time in the world? How many people do you know, let hurt feelings, assumptions, judgments get in the way of a perfectly good relationship? And how many people do you know would treat "someone" differently if they "found out" they had a terminal illness? If you’re like me, you know many.

Personal perception does such a number on people. Stories, assumptions, misinterpretations, hurt feelings all play a big factor in how we choose to relate to one another. But would any of those things still matter if they knew that person would die soon?

Maybe, maybe not.

So as I sit here and embrace my mortality I wonder...what a world would look like where everyone knew..I mean really "knew" they were dying. Would the word, regret, vanish from our language? Would simple honesty replace assumptions? Would the saying" life's too short to..." actually is a way of life and not just a saying?

Just for one day, one week, one month....remembers the TRUTH and that the people in your life are dying.

And see what new possibilities of something changing arrive for you. Because as you know when you change your perception, things do change. That is what living the possibilities is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment